Test Engineer Vacancy
As a result of continued success and ongoing expansion, Deep Secure seek an enthusiastic Test Engineer to join their in-house software development capability.
Role and Responsibilities
The Test Engineer works closely with the Test Manager and other members of the Deep Secure team to ensure that the code produced by Deep-Secure is fit for purpose. The following are key responsibilities:
- Generating and running tests for products within the context of each anticipated release/delivery
- Organisation: Prioritising multiple, conflicting, testing priorities across the software development projects
- Interaction: Timely communication of issues arising during testing to ensure that defects are managed appropriately ahead of each anticipated product release
- Suitability to hold UK security clearance is essential
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing is essential
- Recent experience of writing, modifying and executing software tests is essential
- An ability to demonstrate knowledge of full product lifecycle is desirable
- Domain knowledge of application security including a detailed understanding of implementation from a testing perspective is preferred
- Interaction: ability to work collaboratively across functions within the business and to have sufficient flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities is essential
- Good communication skills, are essential, in both written and verbal form
- Essential recent experience in testing the following:
- Web (HTTP/HTTPS)
- GUI and Desktop Applications
- Test environment experience of the following is essential:
- Experience of setting up and using Virtual Machines
- Microsoft Windows
- Performing packet capture and analysis
- Linux or Unix or Oracle’s Solaris 10
Desirable experience in the following:
- Internet standard (SMTP/MIME) email messaging
- Software encryption
- TCP/IP protocols including SNMP, SFTP, syslog, NTP
- Configuring and using communications equipment such as routers, switches and other IP network test equipment
- Test Tools:
- Essential: Use of Test and Defect Management Tools
- Preferred: Microsoft TFS 2010 or later, Visual Studio 2010 or later, MTM 2010 or later
- Desirable: Test Automation experience
This is a full time position with a competitive salary and benefits package. Post available for immediate start for the right candidate.
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your specific suitability for this role to email@example.com
Closing date: 28th April 2017.
No agencies please.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Want to go deeper?
If you’d like to find out how simple it is to defeat the unknown, contact the Deep Secure team and get our experts to answer your questions in a little more depth or arrange a demo - please get in touch.