Location: Malvern, Worcestershire
Deep Secure, the pioneers of Content Threat Removal, is seeking a DevOps Engineer; this position will provide support for a new cloud-based Software-as-a-Service platform. The candidate must know how to manage the IT infrastructure that’s needed to support software in dedicated, multi-tenant and hybrid cloud environments.
The DevOps Engineer will need to have experience of software development, systems administration, deployment automation, quality assurance and monitoring and maintaining large scale services in the cloud. They will be working closely with developers and be able to communicate issues and improvements back to development.
The DevOps Engineer role is a key member of the Solutions Centre of Excellence, however, is required to work closely with our in-house Development and Test teams, providing operational support for new and existing solutions, and debugging production issues.
The DevOps Engineer plays the role of an advocate and promotes knowledge sharing and DevOps culture whilst keeping up with industry best practices, trends, and standards and identifies automation opportunities, designs, and develops automation solutions that improve DevOps operations and efficiency.
The DevOps Engineer is tasked with monitoring Deep Secure’s cloud platform, ensuring compliance. The DevOps Engineer also monitors the engineering department’s tools and procedures and promotes their evolution alongside Deep Secure’s strategy, playing an active role in building and improving the platform services inclusive of websites, software, and applications while hosting and managing databases.
The role oversees and coordinates with cloud service providers, such as Amazon Web Services, to optimise and troubleshoot the performance of our cloud-based platform. The qualified candidate for the DevOps Engineer position is someone who has a can-do attitude, result-oriented, be passionate in the improvement of user experience, be a critical and strategic thinker, be highly organised, and enjoys working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale.
- Perform a wide variety of technical and administrative duties in overall systems design, development, and delivery.
- Work in conjunction with the development team to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the application, systems, database architecture, and the general application functionality used to maintain data integrity.
- Manage the establishment and configuration of SaaS infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time.
- Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
- Be accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Develop, improve, and thoroughly document operational practices and procedures.
- Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand based auto scaling.
- You have 5+ years experience in an automated infrastructure / ops role.
- BSc in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Experience building automated infrastructure in AWS including EC2, VPC, RDS, S3, IAM, CloudWatch and Route 53.
- Expertise in implementing system automation with various CI/CD tools (i.e. AWS CodeDeploy,Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines, Travis, AWS CodePipeline).
- Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills.
- Experience with logging, system monitoring and metrics for network, server and application status (Splunk,Nagios, Graphite,Collectd,Sensu etc.)tools
- Proficiency in Unix/Linux/Windows system administration.
- Proficiency with network topologies and common network protocols and services (e.g. DNS,HTTP(S),SSH,FTP,SMTP).
- Proficiency in source code version control systems such as Git, Bitbucket.
- Experience with supporting distributed web applications, in a large, complex and evolving environment.
- Experience with Cloud environment and infrastructure.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence and Agile software development methodology.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC) and secure system design.
- Knowledge of virtual machine and container technologies, Docker Container.
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL Databases.
- The qualified candidate for the DevOps Engineer position is someone who has a can-do attitude, is an innovative thinker and enjoys working collaboratively in a team.
Closing date: 24th November 2017.
Software Engineer Vacancy
As a result of continued success and ongoing expansion, Deep Secure seek an enthusiastic Software Engineer to join their in-house software development capability.
Role and Responsibilities
The Software Engineer will be part of an existing highly skilled development team, reporting directly to the Lead Developer, writing complex security solution software. The following are key responsibilities:
- Writing high quality code following in-house full life cycle development methodologies and using our chosen toolset
- Being able to time manage across multiple concurrent tasks with different priorities and different deadlines
- To work within a closely knit team
- Be proactive in looking for ways to improve all aspects of the products we produce whether that’s the code, tests or documentation
- Suitability to hold UK security clearance is essential
- Computing, scientific or mathematical degree is preferred
- Recent experience of full life-cycle software development is essential
- Domain knowledge of application security is preferred
- The ability to work collaboratively across functions within the business and to have sufficient flexibility to adapt to changing business priorities is essential
- Good communications skills are essential in both written and verbal form
- Strong programming skills
- Good understanding of UNIX
- Network programming
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Full product life cycle development knowledge
- Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server
- Deep understanding of Internet standards and protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, syslog, NTP
- Virtualisation technologies such as VMWare, Docker, AWS, Azure
- Object orientated programming languages such as C++, C#, JAVA
- Development experience on different operating systems such as Windows, Linux and Solaris
Closing date: 31st October 2017.
Advertised roles are full time positions with a competitive salary and benefits package. Post available for immediate start for the right candidate.
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your specific suitability for the chosen role to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Want to go deeper?
If you’d like to find out how simple it is to defeat the unknown, contact the Deep Secure team and get our experts to answer your questions in a little more depth or arrange a demo - please get in touch.